Validating with PHP Code Sniffer
Instead of reading this why not just let the computer nag you? From the Pressbooks plugin directory:
Bonus: You can sometimes automatically fix errors by running:
composer fix or
vendor/bin/phpcbf --standard=phpcs.ruleset.xml /path/to/your/file
Pressbooks Coding Standards (Mandatory)
We enforce Human Made Coding Standards with the following small tweaks.
camelCasefor class methods & properties,
UPPERCASEfor class constants,
- We do not strictly enforce commenting requirements.
- PHP Sessions are allowed.
Write Classes or Namespaced functions, stay out of global space!
We use PHP Namespaces. Our namespace is:
- If your Class isn't an Object like
\WP_Queryetc., write a library of functions.
- If your Class is a bunch of Static methods and nothing else, write a library of functions.
- Afraid of function name collisions? See Namespaces.
Pressbooks Coding Recommendations (Optional)
Write accurate PHPDoc styled code comments.
Prefix action and filter hook names with
Prefix WP Post meta keys with
Prefix WP User meta keys with
Prefix WP Option names with
Theme files are exempt from the above rules, but should still make an effort to follow them.