- Fix: Internal links are now actually fixed in EPUB exports.
- Feature: The redistribution option from Pressbooks Textbook, which allows a book administrator to share the latest export files of their book on the webbook cover page, has been migrated into Pressbooks and can be found under (Network) Settings -> Sharing and Privacy. Many thanks to @bdolor for developing this feature (and fixing a display bug in our implementation of it).
- Feature: Luther and all child themes now support searching within webbooks.
- Feature: The Pressbooks.com promotion on book covers can now be hidden using the
- Enhancement: Hypothesis has been added to the supported plugins list, and the supported plugins list is now built more intelligently.
- Enhancement: The hard-coded default theme for new books has been replaced by the following logic: 1. Use
PB_BOOK_THEME(if set); 2. Use
WP_DEFAULT_THEME(if set); 3. Use Luther.
- Enhancement: Added the
pressbooks_register_theme_directoryaction to support the registration of custom theme directores by third-party developers (props to @bdolor).
- Enhancement: Added support for testing PrinceXML’s built-in PDF profile support by setting the
PB_PDF_PROFILEconstant to the desired profile.
- Enhancement: Refactored generic shortcodes to allow testing and test were written for them.
- Enhancement: Switched from internal fork to dev-master of gridonic/princexmlphp and switched to versioned copy of pressbooks/saxonhe.
- Enhancement: The
\Pressbooks\Modules\ThemeOptionsclass now supports the registration of custom tags by third-party developers.
- Fix: Removed a leftover conditional check for the
accessibility_fontsizeoption in webbooks (props to @bdolor for the bug report).
- Fix: Internal links to parts now work in XHTML, PDF and EPUB exports.
- Fix: Fixed some incorrect color values in the mobile admin bar.
- Fix: Fixed a misplaced comment in the conditional check for IE 9 in Pressbooks Book (props to @chrillep).
- Fix: Fixed a bug where protocol-relative images would not be exported properly in EPUB (props to @bdolor).
Pressbooks 3.7.1 just went live on Pressbooks.com and all of our other production networks. Here’s what changed:
- Fix: Fixed a bug where increased font size would be applied to all PDF exports.
Pressbooks 3.7.0 just went live on Pressbooks.com and all of our other production networks. Here’s what changed:
- Feature: Introduced
\Pressbooks\Optionsclass and rebuilt theme options using on this class.
- Feature: Introduced
\Pressbooks\Taxonomyclass and rebuilt front matter, chapter and back matter types using this class.
- Feature: Added support for custom base font size, line height, page margins, image resolution and running content in SCSS v2 themes for PDF.
- Feature: Enabled webbook collapsible TOC by default (as needed).
- Feature: Enabled webbook font size control by default.
- Feature: Added custom sidebar color for catalog (props to @monkecheese).
- Enhancement: Prince will now ignore self-signed certificates in a development environment.
- Fix: Fixed an admin style inconsistency introduced with WordPress 4.6.
- Fix: Fixed an error where SCSS v2 themes could not be imported into the Custom CSS editor.
- Fix: Added user feedback to allow recovery from JPEG errors (props to @bdolor).
- Fix: Added a call to
wp_flush_cache()to fix an error during book creation.
Pressbooks 3.6.3 went live on Pressbooks.com and all of our other production networks on August 19. Here’s what changed:
- Fix: Fixed an error caused by the change to get_sites().
Pressbooks 3.6.2 went live on Pressbooks.com and all of our other production networks on August 19. Here’s what changed:
- Requires WordPress 4.6.
- Fix: Replaced deprecated wp_get_sites() function with get_sites() (props to @bdolor for the bug report).
Pressbooks 3.6.1 went live on Pressbooks.com and all of our other production networks on August 11. Here’s what changed:
- Fix: An issue where footnotes would not display in endnote mode has been resolved.
- Fix: An SCSS error in Luther has been resolved (props to @bearkrust for the bug report).
Pressbooks 3.6.0 just went live on Pressbooks.com and all of our other production networks. Here’s what’s changed:
- Requires WordPress 4.5.3.
- Feature: Structural SCSS and supports are in place for the new book theme model (see https://pressbooks.org/core/2016/05/16/rethinking-book-themes/).
- Feature: Clarke 2.0 has been rebuilt on the new book theme model (see https://pressbooks.com/themes/clarke).
- Feature: Themes built on the new book theme model can display publisher logos on the title page via
add_theme_support( 'pressbooks_publisher_logo', [ 'logo_uri' => $logo_uri ] ).
- Feature: Themes built on the new book theme model define support for global typography using
add_theme_support( 'pressbooks_global_typography', [ $language_codes ] ).
- Feature: Custom post types, built-in taxonomies and custom taxonomies can now be imported from a Pressbooks or WordPress XML file using the filters
pb_import_custom_taxonomies(props to @monkecheese).
- Feature: Filter hooks have been added which allow content to be appended to front matter, chapters and back matter via
pb_append_back_matter_content(props to @monkecheese).
- Feature: Network administrators can now clear all of a book’s exports (this is useful for testing).
- Enhancement: The Export page is now responsive.
script.jsis no longer required for Prince exports (if the the file is not there it will no longer trigger an error).
- Enhancement: The
<base href="">tag has been removed from XHTML outputs, which should make these files more functional in some cases (props to @bdolor).
- Fix: Search and Replace is now accessible to book administrators, not just network administrators.
- Fix: The broken Forum link in the Pressbooks menu has been replaced with a link to our Help page.