In Q3, we added a couple new and exciting features to Pressbooks:
- Image attributions (thanks to Brad and Alex at BCcampus)
- New shortcodes to facilitate adding more complex content
We also released a new Open Source plugin, Pressbooks Shibboleth SSO, which provides bilateral Shibboleth SSO integration for Pressbooks networks. And we converted a few more themes to use Buckram, our theme component library, which gives us added flexibility to add new theme options for all themes.
In Q4 we’re wrapping up a few loose ends from our Q3 goals:
- UX improvements to the webbook Table of Contents
- UX improvements to the Export page
We’re also working on:
- UI and UX improvements to the Theme Options page
- Adding support for DOIs in Book Info and metadata outputs
- Testing integration with Gutenberg, WordPress’ new editing interface
- Continuing to convert themes and improve Buckram
As always, we’d love to hear your ideas for Pressbooks, so feel free to share them in the Pressbooks Community Forum!