NOTICE: Pressbooks now requires WordPress 4.7.5.
- Feature: A curated listed of recommended plugins is now displayed within the plugin installer (see #729).
Feature: Search and Replace now supports regular expressions (props to @stepmuel; see #754). This feature can be enabled by adding:
define( 'PB_ENABLE_REGEX_SEARCHREPLACE', true );to
- Enhancement: Updating a book theme will now trigger the regeneration of the webbook stylesheet (see #727 and #762).
Enhancement: There is now a specific template part,
private.php, for the page that is displayed when a book is private (props to @stepmuel; see #755).
- Enhancement: “Part” is now properly localized in the PDF Table of Contents (see #742).
- Enhancement: Improved blank page rules in theme components.
- Enhancement: The Ebook theme options tab is now hidden when Ebook dependencies are missing (props to @masaka222; see #745).
- Enhancement: Dependency check results are now stored in site transients to reduce unnecessary function calls (see #749, #750).
- Enhancement: Replaced variables with constants where appropriate (see #751).
Enhancement: Replaced uses of
network_home_url()(props to @jeremyfelt; see #734).
$postis now included with
symbionts/custom-metadata(props to @jeremyfelt; see #735).
- Fix: Removed the sticky navigation bar that overlapped webbook content (props to @pbstudent for the bug report; see #747 and #760).
- Fix: Fixed an issue where running content strings would not be populated when a custom title page was used (see #496 and #761).
- Fix: Fixed an issue where the book title would not update properly (see #542 and #746).
Fix: Fixed issues that arose when
user_interface_langwere not set (props to @monkecheese for initial bug report and testing; see #738, #739, #740).
- Fix: Fixed an issue where a database error would be thrown when installing on a utf8mb4 MySQL instance (props to @jeremyfelt; see #733).