Pressbooks 3.9.6 just went live on Pressbooks.com and all of our other production networks. Here’s what changed:*
NOTICE: Pressbooks now requires WordPress 4.7 “Vaughan”.
NOTICE: Pressbooks now requires PrinceXML 11 for PDF exports.
- Feature: If you select a language on the book information page and the WordPress language pack for that language is available but not installed, Pressbooks will try to install it for you (and politely inform you if it can’t).
- Feature: Added Hindi language support using Noto Sans Devanagari and Noto Serif Devanagari.
- Enhancement: The whitelist-based theme filtering behaviour of Pressbooks =< 220.127.116.11 has been removed; all book themes are now available for use in all books (if network enabled), and all non-book themes are now available for use on the root blog (if network enabled). If you wish to restrict theme availability further, you can do so by adding additional filters to the
allowed_themes filter hook.
- Enhancement: Added the ability to retry asset fetching during EPUB export in the event of server errors (props to @nathanielks, see 7344674)
- Enhancement: Added filter and action hooks to support the addition of import modules via third-party plugins (props to @monkecheese, see 4d7ca64).
- Enhancement: Added the
pb_disable_root_comments filter hook for control over comment display on the root blog (defaults to
true — disable comments — as Pressbooks Publisher does not support comments).
- Enhancement: Added a link from the user’s catalog logo or profile image to their profile URL, if set.
- Enhancement: Added variables for textbox header font size and text alignment to book theme partials.
- Enhancement: Removed our custom
user_interface_lang setting in favour of WordPress 4.7’s user locale.
- Enhancement: Removed
\Pressbooks\utility\multi_sort() in favour of WordPress 4.7’s shiny new
- Enhancement: Removed our last remaining use of
get_blog_details, which will be deprecated in a forthcoming WordPress release.
- Fix: Fixed an issue which prevented the Pressbooks admin color scheme from being applied upon manual plugin activation.
- Fix: Fixed an issue which prevented the book name from properly updating under some circumstances.
- Fix: Fixed some styles on the registration screen in the Pressbooks Publisher theme (now at v3.0.1).