Pressbooks 3.9.0 just went live on Pressbooks.com and all of our other production networks. Here’s what changed:
- Feature: Added a web theme option to display the title of the current part in the webbook (props to @bdolor).
- Feature: Noto CJK fonts (required for Chinese, Japanese and Korean PDF output) are now downloaded only when needed from within Pressbooks, reducing the overall size of the Pressbooks download.
- Feature: Added a recompile routine for webbook stylesheets to allow more straightforward development (only enabled when
WP_ENV is defined and set to
- Enhancement: Applied our coding standards across the board and added PHP_CodeSniffer to our CI routines.
- Enhancement: Added some unit tests.
- Enhancement: Moved the Pressbooks API to /vendor.
- Enhancement: Changed some colour variables for clarity.
- Enhancement: Added initial support for SVG LaTeX images in PDF exports (requires QuickLaTex).
- Enhancement: Added some scaffolding to allow option defaults to be filtered in pages built using the new options class.
- Enhancement: The book information post is now created when a book is registered.
- Fix: Added missing methods which were triggering fatal errors in the Export Options page (props to @bdolor).
- Fix: Fixed in issue which prevented the Ebook paragraph separation theme option from being applied in Clarke.
- Fix: Fixed an issue where internal links from within part content were broken in EPUB.
- Fix: Fixed an issue where backslashes would be erroneously stripped when replacements were applied in the Search and Replace utility (props to @rootl for the bug report).
- Fix: Fixed an issue where the book title would not be updated on the first save.