Pressbooks 3.6.0 just went live on Pressbooks.com and all of our other production networks. Here’s what’s changed:
- Requires WordPress 4.5.3.
- Feature: Structural SCSS and supports are in place for the new book theme model (see https://pressbooks.org/core/2016/05/16/rethinking-book-themes/).
- Feature: Clarke 2.0 has been rebuilt on the new book theme model (see https://pressbooks.com/themes/clarke).
- Feature: Themes built on the new book theme model can display publisher logos on the title page via
add_theme_support( 'pressbooks_publisher_logo', [ 'logo_uri' => $logo_uri ] ).
- Feature: Themes built on the new book theme model define support for global typography using
add_theme_support( 'pressbooks_global_typography', [ $language_codes ] ).
- Feature: Custom post types, built-in taxonomies and custom taxonomies can now be imported from a Pressbooks or WordPress XML file using the filters
pb_import_custom_taxonomies(props to @monkecheese).
- Feature: Filter hooks have been added which allow content to be appended to front matter, chapters and back matter via
pb_append_back_matter_content(props to @monkecheese).
- Feature: Network administrators can now clear all of a book’s exports (this is useful for testing).
- Enhancement: The Export page is now responsive.
script.jsis no longer required for Prince exports (if the the file is not there it will no longer trigger an error).
- Enhancement: The
<base href="">tag has been removed from XHTML outputs, which should make these files more functional in some cases (props to @bdolor).
- Fix: Search and Replace is now accessible to book administrators, not just network administrators.
- Fix: The broken Forum link in the Pressbooks menu has been replaced with a link to our Help page.